Wales Rally GB case study
We drove ticket sales for the main event by delivering a taster for 12,000 rally fans in just three weeks
The brief, with just three weeks to go, was to drive anticipation and create ‘Rally fever’ throughout the whole of Wales in the run up to Wales Rally GB 2010. Ultimately, to deliver ticket sales for the main event.
We brought half of North Wales to a car park on a Sunday morning by inventing ‘Rallyfest’ – a tantalising taster event celebrating the passion of rallying fans. We sourced 24 drivers and cars, 70 per cent of which went on to drive in Wales Rally GB 2010.
- A 26:1 return on investment
- 12,000 attendees, 7,000 more than anticipated
- Generated approximately £341,550 for the area
- 16 journalists from key target media attended
- Coverage on Radio Cymru, BBC Wales, Autosport, Motorsport News, S4C Rallio (a five min segment programme which previewed Wales Rally GB)
- More than 50 videos of the event were uploaded to YouTube by fans who were in attendance
- Award winning campaign – CIPR Excellence Awards