LPR UK case study
LPR UK used media relations to take on a monopoly
The brief was to drive awareness of the LPR pallet pooling brand in the UK market, establishing its unique one way trip offer and delivering credibility in the face of competition from the existing monopoly brand.
We took LPR UK managing director Jane Gorick out into the vertical and horizontal media marketplace, securing features and comment pieces in the core logistics, business, retail and FMCG titles. We ‘owned’ the issues of pallet quality, sustainability and flexibility, as well as benchmarking LPR’s position against its two main competitors.
- LPR pallets have been accepted in all the major multiples, cash and carries, wholesalers and independents
- Market share has grown from zero to five per cent
- Annual drop point survey consistently rates LPR as the most well-respected operator in the marketplace
- Total OTS of more than 17.5 million, with regular coverage in every core logistics and supply chain media title
- PR relationship which has lasted over a decade
“LPR has grown significantly in the UK market. Prova and our PR programme played an important role in delivering this growth.”Jane Gorick, managing director, LPR UK